Sunday, August 27, 2006

What I did on my Summer Vacation




I can’t believe that it’s been almost a month since I sat down and wrote something to post. I have been back from my vacation for about a week and I figured it’s about time to get back at it. We had a really nice couple of weeks up at the cottage, lots of visitors, lots of sun and lots of relaxation. As I’m getting older I find that I’m enjoying my time at the lake more and more. The view from the deck is beautiful and great for tanning.





It was a very nice holiday but the animals kept us on our toes. Cherakan (our dog) loves the lake. She spent almost the full two weeks just pacing back in forth in the water trying to catch the minnows. This dog never leaves our side, but at the cottage she would get up in the morning and head down to the water and start walking. She would pace from our dock to the neighbours dock and back in the water for hours. I’m pretty sure she would have spent the whole day doing it if we hadn’t kept calling her out for a break once an awhile. The upside she got lots of exercise and helped keep the weeds down in the water. By the end of the day the poor thing would walk inside and just collapse and sleep.






Compared to what Aslan (our cat) was up to, it was tolerable. She hasn’t been fixed yet (one more week) so the first few days were quite calm, but mid holiday she went into heat. I have never really experienced living with a cat in heat. If you haven’t the only thing I think compares is a screaming baby. She would cry all day with the occasional break for a nap and then start up again for the whole night. After a day or so we realized all the crying had attracted a visitor.

We started calling him Aslan’s boyfriend. What a treat at 2am in the morning, listening to the both of them, singing back and forth to each other. Her boyfriend sat out behind the cottage for five days hoping she would escape. It was good thing we didn’t have to get up for work.




Over all it was just perfect to spend two weeks away and all we had to worry about was if it was going to be sunny or raining the next day. We had a spectacular moonrise each evening as we ate dinner. Can’t wait for next summer.

No comments: