Thursday, August 31, 2006


I find lately that I have started to become more political and feel the need to fight back when government or groups try to take my rights away. One of the most vocal groups out there trying to deny people their basic human rights is the American group called Focus on the Family. So when I stumbled across this site that details ways that you can get free material from Focus on the Family I had to share it. The idea is you order your free stuff, up to $100 and you help spend the millions of dollars that they have amassed. It looks completely legal, but I’m no lawyer so if you’re an adult make up your own mind.

Slightly off topic and you will see why I say slightly.
Remember the facts of life? They just released the first two seasons of the show on DVD. I was very excited because it’s show I loved to watch growing up. So I googled the show to see what came up. I was more than a little surprised to find out what Lisa Whelchel had been up to the last few years.



Seems that a few years back (probably when acting jobs dried up) Lisa was born again. Now she is a mouthpiece for Focus on the Family, having written numerous books on the family and “proper” child rearing. I won’t go in to details on her many creative punishment techniques but shocking is putting it mildly. I think I was disappointed because my favorite character on the Facts of Life was always Blair the character she played, and then to find out she’s a right wing fanatic.

No comments: