Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Secret World of OG

I was just looking through some of the books that I have collected over the years and came across The Secret World of OG.
This is a children's book written in 1961.
I received an updated copy form my Aunt Penny and Uncle Lyle for my 7th birthday, way back in 1979.
I'll pause while you do the math.....
I don't remember appreciating that much when I first received it, but at some point I picked up the story and fell in love with it.
I have enjoyed reading since I was very young.
Imagine my surprise last week when I found the book again and realized that it was written by Pierre Berton.
Pierre Berton is arguably one of the greatest authors in Canadian history.
I think I'm going to read the book again just to evoke some of those old memories.
After I googled the book I discoverd that just this past September CBC started airing a cartoon series based on the story.

Intrested in learning more?
Click here!
Or here!

No comments: