Saturday, February 24, 2007

Gay Marriage Revisited


Mark and I are just wrapping up our winter vacation this weekend. It was a very nice week spent around the house with our friends from Brockville.
I spoke of these friends before in a previous rant about Gay Marriage.

Read about it here.


Guess what, there is going to be a wedding.
Our good friends have decided to tie the knot.
It seems like they were just waiting for the Federal Government to get thier act in order and finally legalize everything before the laddies legalized their relationship.
It is expected to happen sometime this year, most likely over the summer.
I will keep you updated on the progress.
I can't wait, it will be the first legal same-sex wedding that I have attended.

While we were talking about it during their visit, I started to bug Mark about when it might happen for us.
It wasn't really fair for me to do this considering he celebrated his big four oh this past weekend, but let's just say he shocked the hell out of me with his comments.

More on that later.

Right now its time to focus on the ladies from Brockville.
We're very happy for them and they are a perfect example of why gay and lesbian couples should be afforded the same rights as everyone else.

No comments: